As mentioned in the last journal, works been a good bit underway on this project.
I've pretty much decided that instead of Here's whats going on so far!

Reference gathering!

First off (of course, I googled around and found a bunch images of Ezio (usually his "jazzhands" pose though) , as well as the E3 trailer, developer diaries, Game Informer magazine, and whatever else I could scrounge up. Some of them are in the links list to the left.
Gametrailers.com had some quicktime movies that I could screencap, so i capped just about anything that could be of use :)

A bunch of places i regularly check are on the linklist to the left.

Its been a challenge to basically figure out and piece everything together with guaranteed accuracy, since new images are trickling out bit by bit, and theres a ton of new upgrades, weapons, and things that Ezio can change out n game (i saw 3 different bracers in the dev diary alone), and of course, even with a single design, Ubisoft never keeps things 100% consistent (ie. the belt, XD)

Planning!

Because planning is really important, I've gone and brainstormed (a LOT), done sketches, and stared at refs so much I'm surprised they haven't been burned into mah retinas. . Usually by the time I get physically started on a part, I'll have already spent the same amount of time (if not more)  drawing up plans and/or building it in my mind than it actually does to make it. It helps reduce the amount of errors when actually constructing it,  which is a really really GOOD thing when it comes to leather or other expensive materials. 

With Ubi's constant variations,  I'll try to work out any kinks then (ie the posts on the belt bluckles face a direction that won't hold the belt on), and get to take advantage of the differences to "pick n' choose" from variants that I like the most (and sneak in personal touches if I feel like it) :)

Despite the resources out there that some have made or done, this project will still be done strictly based on Official references, as others will have a tendency to put their own personal touches into their work, and it just won't be the same as my visions for it. Ubisoft already gives us more than enough leeway to add them personal bits!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home