Left Bracer

Decided to get to work on the left bracer!

Was a bit difficult getting really good references, but ran across a couple old screencaps from when the old Animus promotional webcam thinger was running.

Here's the current state. Sill need to sculpt the bigsilver embellishment on the top, and make the gun & dagger (AC1 dagger sitting there as a placeholder!


I'm no real seamstress here. So successfully creating patterns to sew has been hm.. whats the word?.. DRUDGEWORK.... yeah. thats it.. though it IS a learning experience, its not one of the more fun ones at the moment..

Tandy leather factory was having an early morning sale the day after Xmas,
So to break up the learning with doing something that I'm (very slightly) more familiar with, I laid out some armor since i needed to figure out how much I'd need to buy. tossed a tshirt over the doublet and laid it out with a sharpie (put a layer of press seal over it first, so i don't accidently mark it up)












after laying it out, I began making a mock up out of craft foam.





This is the mockup for the starting leather set, and though i'm not too keen on the front of his armos (they look like battlebras or something lol ) I LOOOVE the back, especially the leather one :)

A friend of mine managed to snag a black edition figure of Ezio off Ebay (*shakesfist* ), so will be get plenty of photos next time i see him. this'l be set aside as i get to work  on the left bracer and finishing the tunic :)

Been pretty quiet on this blog, but rest assured, things *have* been happening

Did a lot of work on the tunic,





And on AC2's midnight release, thought it would be fun to bring my gear along..




...buuuut wound up hating it with a passion. The fabrics all wrong, and the lacy trim, ugh...


So I started over, choosing a different fabric this time, and being extra careful with the stitching.. I know very little about sewing,  but did what i could to correct mistakes the second time around (ie., uneven stitching ) . Also dyed fabric for the first time, thought it turned out a bit lighter than i had expected after i dried it :)

magic, fairy dust, and a loooot of needle stabbings in the hands later, here's what I got: (AC1 parts used as placeholders til the AC2 counterparts are completed...








Well, the belts been done, just in time for AC2's release (i threw on what was done and ran out to the midnight release for the fun of it, though i couldn't pick it up til the next morning (ordered from another store duh me)

here's the completed belt, with sash underneath, and leather straps and all that fun jazz. Just remembered i need to add a couple bits onto the right side of the red undersash thinger though.. that'll cover up the hook n loop setup that makes it muuuuch easier to put it on :3






Click post title for how this was done :)



 Yesterday I somewhat completed the shoulder strap that crosses under the pauldron. I didn't use a straight piece of leather since it would dig into my ribs, and had to make it out of two pieces to save on leather. I can't say i like how the splice turned out and went and used rivets to secure it to save time, but I'll be aiming to replace that strap and properly sew it on. But this'll have to do for the time being, cuz Dragon*con's in 5 days and i still have to finish a painting.

 It would be nice to have a machine to sew this.








Older Posts